The primary purpose of this role is in-person IT support of senior Bimeda VIPs and to ensure all end user technology requirements are met. In addition, the role provides moderate front line IT support with general supervision. The role will also cover end user issues related to hardware and software. Generally, these will be handled with users over the phone, through email or through the helpdesk management system but occasionally these will be resolved in person.
- Primary provider of In-person support for senior VIPs
- Rapid response to address senior VIP technology needs
- Responsible for initial problem identification and attempt to resolve when appropriate.
- Proactively monitor call queues and prioritize daily activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers.
- Perform moderate troubleshooting and repair for PCs, Printers, Smartphones, and other peripheral equipment.
- Provide routine support for common software problems including Windows operating system, Voice over IP, etc.
- Document all troubleshooting steps in problem ticket.
- Escalate accordingly and follow up to a successful conclusion.
- Perform the deployment of end-user computers according to a standard image.
- Deploy software using PDQ or other automated tools.
- Document all system/environment changes.
- Monitor system activities.
- Provide end-user training as required.
- Assist in various technical projects.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Experience providing IT support to VIP positions
- Professional personal presentation at all time and excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable supporting Executive and Board-level VIPs
- Must have full clean driver’s license
- Must be able to travel outside Ireland if required
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Knowledge of PC hardware, and Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 software.
- Experience troubleshooting computer network connectivity issues.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work in a flexible environment as a member of a team or independently general supervision.
- Ability to follow established processes.
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent judgment and customer interaction skills.
- Familiarity with validated or quality systems is a plus.
- Experience working in a regulated industry such as animal health, medical device, pharmaceutical, biologics or food.
- Familiarity with computers system validation processes or quality system.